Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kathmandu

Well, we made it to kathmandu. And all our luggage was there. Pretty primitive airport when compared to HK. But they get the job done.

We took the van with our travel group into Kathmandu. A few nervous travelers. There aren't really any.... aaaaand the power just went out in our hotel room. "are you kidding me?!" says Sylvie. "this sucks" quoth Annie. I will investigate.

Well, maybe they just have "lights out" policy and cut the power at 12:46am. Power in the building next door. Whatever.

As I was saying, before power went out, there aren't many street lights so it makes everything look darker and creepy a little bit. Check that- there are NO street lights. A lot of times on our way to the hotel we were not sure if we were on a road or in an alley way. I can't wait to get out to explore.

Well, with no power I might as well go to bed. I am thankful the power didn't cut out while I was in the shower (which aren't as nice as our campground showers even on a yucky day).

Good night!!!

1 comment:

cindy W said...

thank you for the updates! now tell your brother to smarten up